Our School Governors
The role of the governing board
The role of the Governing Board is to safeguard the public interest in the school and to ensure that those who are directly responsible for day to day management (the headteacher and Senior Leaders) are accountable for decisions and actions taken. The Governors play an important role in overseeing the maintainence and improvement of standards of acheivement in the school. It is a strategic role and does not get involved in the day to day running of the school which is the role of the headteacher and staff team.
The five key roles of the Governors are:
- Steering: setting budgets, agreeing development plans, agreeing policies and responding to inspection.
- Monitoring: budgets, plans, standards of education, achievement and safeguarding.
- Executive: recruitment, discipline, admissions and appeals.
- Accountability: publication of minutes, surveying parents views.
- Supporting: supporting and advising the Headteacher, providing practical help and skills.
Click / Hover over the photographs below to view a short bio
Dates of meetings for academic year 2018 - 2019:
19th September 2018
17th October 2018
21st November 2018
19th December 2018
23rd January 2019
27th February 2019
20th March 2019
22nd May 2019
19th June 2019
17th July 2019
Contact details for the Governors:
So you want to become a Governor?
Interested in becoming a School Governor? Please click on the booklet link below which gives more information about the role and time commitment required.