SCHOOL MEALS / PACKED LUNCHES
Click here for the School Menu (Summer 2017)
Click here for the School Menu (Autumn/Winter 2017)
Click here to see if your child is eligible for Free School Meals
Click here to see the School Lunch Policy
Click here to Set up email or text alerts
Packed Lunch Information
- Use a clothes peg to seal half a bag of snacks to avoid having to give a whole packet in one day.
- Include either small pieces of fruit or cut up and put in a container ready to eat. It makes it more appetizing and appealing to eat.
- Cut sandwiches small and avoid doorsteps of bread which can be unappealing.
- Include shaped sandwiches to encourage them to be eaten and therefore removing crusts or just do it on special occasions for fun (Valentines, Christmas, Easter, Birthday etc).
- If not keen on bread try Nimble or lighter bread and dainty sandwiches – many children find normal bread difficult to digest.
- If making lunchboxes for more than one at home give variety of sandwiches (2 different halves or 4 different quarters)!
- If preparing the night before let the children help you pack the boxes.
- Use fun containers – perhaps their favourite characters.
- Don’t worry about repeating the contents – children have their favourite things.
- Ask what their friends have and would they like to try anything different. Perhaps even getting them to help choose whilst out food shopping.
- Put an ice pack in the lunchbox to help keep contents fresh and cool.
- Include dried fruit (NO NUTS) as well as fresh – apricots, prunes, raisins, fruit flakes etc.
- Avoid Frube type tubes as the children require help to open them and often lose most of the contents. A pot of yoghurt/dessert and a spoon is much better.
- Do not overload the lunchbox – add variety throughout the week rather than all on one day.
- Do not include any chocolates, chocolate biscuits or sweets as these provide a short quick stimulant and are proven to affect learning – keep treats for home time.
!!! URGENT NOTICE TO ALL PARENTS !!!
THIS SCHOOL HAS SEVERAL CHILDREN WITH SEVERE NUT ALLERGIES
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD IN WITH NUTS OF ANY SORT INCLUDING NUTELLA, CHOCOLATE SPREAD AND PEANUT BUTTER